Saturday, September 22, 2007

Progress report

September 22,2007

Jack reports that he feels stronger, experiences fewer arhythmias and less fatigue.

Our 50th class reunion was so delightful. I was so looking forward to it, but Jack was really up for it and praying for strength and good health. His prayers were answered. He was up way past his bedtime three days in a row, with minimal daytime napping. We are still sharing anecdotes and memories and laughs. We couldn't get enough of each other. I thought about starting a class reunion blog, as it was so major an event for me. It's so awesome to live this long and see how beautiful people turn out. A full catastrophe life (a term borrowed from Jon Kabot-Zinn) makes people really shine in their golden years. A day of golf, an initial informal social, a Mass celebrated by a classmate priest, a dinner with program, a brunch cruise on the Mississippi weren't enough ... we gathered Monday for a farewell breakfast.

I will try to get the photos and the other data on the blog, soon. My excuse= I'm staining the deck and some other tasks which woulda-shouda-coulda been done in Spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack and Kathy - I never imagined I would be communicating with either of you via blogging - I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks - anyway - is the sweat still on for Trigvies this Saturday? - If so I would love to have directions - its been so long since I was out there - but I want to go and it would help me spiritually - I could Mapquest if I had an address -- which I don' t have - also while I'm at it - do you have the Merrit's new phone number in Milwaukeee? I'd like to call them AND finally here's a big one --- Jack - I would like to be able to call you now and then as an AA sponsor - now that I'm sober for a couple of months and have been going to AA I realize I need a sponsor(s) but have been unable to find a good fit - I understand if you feel it would make you incomfortable since we're freinds but let me know one way or the other - Hope to see ya Saturday Your friend - Rick B

Alberto said...

Hello, I have found this blog on Technorati while I was searching for stem cells blogs. I read the clinical trial protocol and I am really glad Jack is feeling stronger! Thanks for sharing your experience with the blogosphere.